Decks can extend your living space for entertaining or sun bathing. They can be used as a children’s play area or even as a space for the family pet to roam free.
A deck will add a unique style that will make your house stand out from your neighbors.
An outdoor deck can add value to your home. Some suggest you can recoup up to 73% of the cost of your deck when selling your home.
When building an outdoor deck you can choose from the following materials:
* wolmanized lumber
* redwood lumber
* Trex decking
* Cross Timbers decking
Questions to ask when planning your new deck
* How do you want to use your deck? This will help determine how much space you need.
* How much yard space do you have? What’s your budget? Both of these will help determine deck size.
* Will your deck lead to a pool?
* Do you plan on having a screened-in porch area or hot tub?
* How much sunlight or shade do you want? What do you want your view to be? These will help determine the location of your new deck.
* Do you want a ground level, elevated or multi-level deck? If multi-level consider how you would want the stairs to look.
* Will you need lighting around the deck?
* Do you need a gate on your deck?
* What shape deck do you want?
* Consider how the deck will fit in with your landscape.
* Where do you want the deck to attach to your house? From where would you like access to your deck?
* Consider what type of railings you would prefer on your deck.
* Do you have any obstacles — ex. trees — to build the deck around?
We would love to build your new deck!